Thursday, 23 April 2009

Our days between Soap Operas! :)

It's funny.  Lots of times I get the question, "So, now that you stay at home, what do you do all day?  Do you watch Soap Operas?"  Are you kidding me?!?!?  No.  In fact, the truth is, sometimes I feel busier during the day now than I did when I was teaching.  However, it's a different kind of busy.  One that I wouldn't trade for the world.  Staying at home with my little babe has been so rewarding.  I feel blessed that I have been able to marvel at this sweet face from day one...
and now I'm doing the same on day 633 (yes, I calculated it!)
Did I mention I have the best job in the world?

So, what are we doing with our days?

Little Man and I have a fairly busy schedule.  We have regular weekly play dates, story hour at the library twice a week, music class for toddlers, play at the park, or frequent Hopscotch's Play Place.  Other days we go visit grandparents or even just hang out at the house for the day.   

Thought I would share some of our fun times.  Just some things we do while I'm not watching Soap Operas!  ha!  

Reading w/ our buddies Laurie and the twins, Luke and Jackson!  
Laurie and I use to teach together, but now we both stay at home with our boys!  
They were all concentrating so hard!  
Luke is telling Layton all about baseball!
Now he is showing him!  Isn't this cute?

Layton learning his alphabet! *notice the horse in his left hand...it is practical glued to him!*
Lunch at Cosmo's with Jacob! 
Playing at Hopscotch!

Push Jackson, Push!

Layton and I attend a music class called Musikgarten w/ Ms. Kari!  She is wonderful!  She used to be a Middle School music teacher, but now she stays at home w/ her daughters and teaches toddler music classes. 
Music class - putting up our instruments!

So, the rest of the day is spent running a few errands (grocery shopping, Target!), preparing and eating lunch followed by Layton's nap.  This is my time to pick up, clean the house, do some laundry, work on homework (yes, I'm back in school!) and think about what to fix for dinner.  We also like to take an afternoon walk around the neighborhood.  The day passes so fast that before we realize it...Daddy's home!!!!  

Did you see any time to fit in a Soap Opera?  Ah, no....I didn't think so either!  :)

2 comments:

Huse Yo Mama said...

That's a fun question, isn't it!?

Musikgarten - I wish we had one near us. Everyone who does it looks like they have so much fun!

MiMi said...

Oh gosh Britt,
That was great! Can you believe Layton was so little all wrapped up in his blanket. Sometimes it doesn't seem real....kinda like a fairy tale. I love you guys so much an miss all of you too. How does Wednesday sound or is that day too busy with you packing and getting ready for Florida?

Love and Prayers,
Mom