Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Three Things

I celebrated my birthday this week and it was so good to be surrounded by Blake and the boys, friends and many wishes of others through text, messages, and phone calls.

However, one special conversation stands out above all the rest.  It happened as my father -in-law called to wish me a happy birthday early Monday morning.

He says in a cheerful voice, "Brittany Ann, Happy Birthday!"

I smiled, and we continued to talk about my day and what I have planned.  And then he said something that I will never forget.

"Before I go, I want you to know...there are three things that I love about you."

I was curious, anticipating a joke of some sort; ready for a laugh to end our time on the phone.  And then he says, "No, I'm serious.  The first thing I love about you is that you are the wife of my son.  The second thing I love about you is that you are the mother of my grandchildren. And the third, but most important is...you are a daughter of the King."

Um, absolutely that made my day and many days to come.  What a special gift in those words that I will forever treasure in my heart.

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh girl, I just teared up a little bit :). How sweet! That is just the best birthday gift ever!

xoxox

ginmommy said...

Thanks for making me cry at 7 a.m.!!! Wow. How sweet.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry that I missed it!! I'm sure it was a special day. Love you!

Tracey said...

Beautiful. So sweet and precious!

Anonymous said...

How awesome you have someone who
loves you for who you really are. You are
very fortunate to have such a loving
family that supports you...

Barb said...

How fortunate you are to have a family
that believes in you and supports
your entire family...God bless