Saturday, 14 March 2009

So I don't forget...all about 18 months

Oh, my sweet baby boy...
You are 19 months old!  Hard to believe that you are officially on the downhill side of 1!   Let me share what wonderful things you have been doing, learning and the funny things that make mommy and daddy laugh everyday!  

This month...

*When we ask you what your name is....you say, "ME!"  *this is Mommy's favorite*  Also, when we show you a picture of yourself, and ask "who is that?" you say, "Lay Lay" (our nickname for you since you were little, I guess we say it more than we thought!)

*You love to wave at everyone we pass by, even when we are driving in the car.  "Hi!  Hi!" It's really cute!  Everyone says, "Well, he's a friendly little fellow!"  

*You love to get my camera and pretend to take pictures....you say, "cheese!"  Hmmm...I wonder where you learned this from?  

*You are officially running.  Not trotting or walking fast.....running!  I find myself chasing you quite often.  How do those little legs go so fast?  I'll never know. 

*You have the sweetest laugh that echos throughout the house.  Oh, how we love to hear you giggle! 
*You put your first two words together this month..."Get it!"  Don't know if that is good or bad?  And to top that off, you've learned to clasp your hands together when saying, "Please!" Too cute to resist.....literally. 

*Your new words:  purse, giraffe, swing, golf club (ga-club), sit, apple, tractor, book, bird, belly, teeth, yes, help, move, color, chair, button, butterfly ("ba-fly"), cheese, shut, knock, open, walk, hold, carry, spoon.

*Your favorite food is spaghetti.  It is so messy, but I think that is why you love it!  And you will not let me feed you anymore.  You are Mr. Independent, and a fork or spoon is mandatory now.  

*You saw your first big production, Playhouse Disney Live!  You kept starring and pointing, saying, "Pooh!", "Mick!", "Minnie"...I think that you couldn't believe your eyes...your favorite characters so close and in person!  :)

*You were able to spend some quality time with your Great Grandmother this month.  She loves you so much, and you love her too!  She likes to read books to you and watch you play!  
*When you wake up at 6:30 a.m, you stand in your crib and say, "Morn-ing!" with the sweetest smile as we come in your nursery to get you!  It starts our day with so much joy!  Thank you, Thank you!  

*You and Daddy had your first overnight stay together!  It was a "boys night" while mommy went to the lake house with some girlfriends from church.  Daddy was so proud that everything went smoothly.  He really enjoyed taking care of you all by himself!  :)  
*Your first haircut was this month.  It was bittersweet when the the curls were trimmed, but ironically, they have already come back!  :) Mommy is happy! 

*Last but not least, you are obsessed with horses and cows.  I think you might be a farmer or a cowboy one day?!  Which is fine, you can be whoever you want to be!  However, your obsession has even become physical.  You don't want to let go of them and you even take them to bed!  

Your are our sunshine, Little Man.

Our cup runneth over, 
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well, that made me cry! How is it possible that something so small can capture our hearts like nothing else? There's just nothing like a sweet little boy...of course I'm partial! :-) Love this post!