
You see, after my miscarriage in February, a friend of mine (who has traveled a similar road of suffering and loss) decided to buy a prayer box necklace. She then passed it around to my friends and family. Each person kept the necklace for a while and prayed for me specifically during this difficult time. Little did they know, that their prayers were already being heard because only a few months later - we were pregnant and everything was going beautifully! No one knew this, because we were being cautious and keeping the news to ourselves. However, the power of prayer was being felt daily as I had a "peace" about this pregnancy. My fears were subsiding and my hopes of holding our second child were being realized...little by little. As I opened the package, I became overwhelmed by the Godly women that care so much for their friend, especially in a time of need and now, in a time of celebration. I couldn't believe that they had been praying for me all spring and summer! What a testimony to the power of prayer, the amazing God we serve and the relationship that I share with my dear friends.
My heart thanks you....
I will be wearing the prayer box on a bracelet everyday until our little one is born. It will be a constant reminder of my faith, my friends, and a reassurance that God's miracles come in all different kinds of packages.....even plain manila ones.







Blog lovingly designed by


4 comments:
What a beautiful act of love and faithfulness from your friends. Reading this gave me chills! Isn't it amazing how God is at work all around us when we don't even realize it! Hope all is going well for you and the little one.
:) Remember when we did this for "our friend"?! I watched her gain strength from all of our praying over that little box, and I'm so glad you will be feeling it too, now over yours. It's such an awesome thing....God answering prayers you never knew where going up on your behalf.
LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it! What a great friend you have!!!! I need one of those! :-)
Our God is so good! I can't wait to see the charm!!!!
Post a Comment