Wednesday, 11 November 2009

An Intro and a Song

Layton and I have sweet conversations, it is really enjoyable and fun. The things that he says always make me smile.

Conversation #1:

Layton: "Hey, Mommy.....that's Daddy."

Layton: "Hey, Daddy.....that's Mommy."

Us: (Laughing): "Thanks for the introduction!!" ha!

_____________________________________


Conversation #2:

Me: "Hey, sweetheart, let's sing a song. What do you want to sing?", as I drove down the road.

Layton: No comment. Silence.

Me: "Ok, well, what about Jesus Loves Me?".....so I start singing.

I am immediately interrupted with a sweet little hand waving back and forth.

Layton: "No, Mommy, No Mommy, no more singing!"

A little shocked and sad....but I was laughing under my breath.

Layton: "I'm sorry, Mommy, no singing."


I think that my days of sweet beautiful lullabies might be over :(

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute!! It's good that Little Man knows who his parents are--HA!!

Emma's Mommy said...

Emmaline went through a phase where she didn't want us to sing either. In fact if she was able to reach us, she would cover our mouths with her cute little hands. But even now, she would prefer if we didn't sing, so I just enjoy the moments when she burst into song. :-)

Cheyenne said...

So sweet! I'm loving all the "conversations" with my sweet little guy these days. He's probably telling me to stop singing and I just don't know it yet! :) Your Little Man is precious.