Sunday, 15 July 2012

Lead by Example

Right?

Even with potty training?


Luke is so close to really "getting it", and has been for a while. Momma has just be lazy about training him; for the simple fact: you learn valuable lessons with your first child.  And one thing I learned about potty training - when they are ready, it will happen effortlessly.  Forcing it, its not worth my time or energy. 

We shall see!

Funny thing Luke said lately, "I not go potty, that for Lay Lay. He go potty in bathroom. I use diaper!"  Grrrrrreeaaaat!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Ha! Love it. Working on this with Maggie. :)

Valerie said...

Same thing going on here!
Except things are a little trickier with a sister to follow :)
Luke isn't always interested in the 'go potty' part... only in the wearing of cool underpants! ha!
Like you, I believe that waiting (patiently) is the best key to potty training!!!

Lesley said...

Those pictures are too funny. And I am totally with you on your thinking-it will happen when they are ready! My third just mastered it this summer at 3 1/2-latest of all my kids! Ha! I just decided to not fret about it and sure enough when she was ready, it only took about 4-5 days!

Melanie Mueller said...

SO cute!!
I have to say, I learned the waiting til they are ready lesson with my oldest. SO now my third boy turned 3 at the end of June and I cannot believe he is not potty trained. But he is so not interested. I am gonna have to devote a week to it sometime very soon, but I am thinking that will happen when my big boys go back to school(1st and 4th grade). Too much on the go summer fun happening right now. ;)