![]() |
| 30 weeks |
![]() |
| 18 weeks |
Today, August 12th, five years ago, was a day I circled in my calendar for 9 months.
It was the day I had looked forward to since my first doctors visit when we saw a tiny beating heart.
It was my "finish line" to motherhood.
![]() |
| 40 weeks |
August 12th, 2007 was the day I was due with my first baby.
And on that exact day - my water broke and my labor began.
No one was more surprised than me. Knowing the odds of actually going into labor on your due date were astronomical. I didn't expect him to be quite so prompt.
But this one.
He was on time.
To the day.
________________________________________________________________
It was Sunday, August 12, 2007.
Again, the day that I had thought about for months. As the hot summer days stretched on forever, I was more than anxious to meet my little guy.
The morning began like any other, I felt great, but there was no sign of a baby. So we went to church. I'll never forget a sweet elderly lady asking me, "Sweetheart, when are you due?" I replied enthusiastically, "Today!" The look on her face was priceless. She immediately ordered me to sit down in my pew!
The afternoon came, and Blake and I both took a long nap. The scorching heat made it an easy choice to stay inside. Never mind I was 9 months pregnant.
Nap came and went. No baby.
So, off to the mall for a little walk and an Auntie Anne's pretzel. You know, crazy yummy pregnancy cravings.
As, I slowly waddled through the parking lot, I was stopped in my tracks, with pretzels in hand.
My water had broke.
On my due date.
In the mall parking lot. Awesome.
I'll never forget Blake's face when I told him. It was like a look of excitement blended with a little "oh crap!" Like I said, priceless.
The phone calls immediately began. The sound of complete urgency to drive as fast as they could to our city because we were having a baby! (Little did I know, its a much slower process than I thought.) We went home, I took a quick shower to shave my legs again (yes, I did!) and off to the hospital we went.
Checked in. Calls made. Gown on. Smiles ready. It was time.
| The very last picture of Blake and I, as a family of two |
August 12th the day I had dreamt of, prayed for and thought about for so long...........
BUT August 12th turned into August 13th........
to be continued........










Blog lovingly designed by


5 comments:
You look so beautiful with that pregnant belly :)
Gorgeous preggo pics! I love birth stories!!! :) Such a sap!
I can't wait to hear the rest of the story! :)
xoxox
LAY LAY!! I love it. You look adorbs pregnant. I do hate you after all. ;)
I can't believe you left us hanging!!! Wasn't that the hottest summer ever?
I love hearing stories of water breaking in crazy places.
Post a Comment