Trip to the lake with family + no obligations =
lots of wonderful memories
lots of wonderful memories
This past week, my mom and dad met us at the lake house. I have always wanted to share this with them, but it never worked out. This time it did and I think they are SO glad that they came! Over and over, I heard them say, "Wow, this is so nice, I had no idea! It's really wonderful here!" Yes, Yes, it is!
We started out the weekend with a little fishing trip. Dad was so excited to share this experience with Layton. He even bought him his very own Lighting McQueen fishing pole! Needless to say, Layton was beside himself!! Within hours, Dad had taught Layton how to cast, which takes tons of coordination. He was great at it. Very intense.
He also taught him how to bait the hook. It was fascinating, he was intrigued by the wiggly worms! I am so glad that he is ALL BOY! I wouldn't have it any other way!
The weekend was really all about taking time away. Away from the 'hustle and bustle' of life, no one had to rush to be anywhere, it was truly laid back quality time. Reminds me of simpler times in simpler days. We all just enjoyed being together...
The weather was P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
I love how the beautiful sunshine glisten off of the water.
I love how the beautiful sunshine glisten off of the water.
We skipped rocks
And took naps (everyone did, not just Luke!)
Dined at great restaurants and ate AMAZING food
Swam until our hearts content, which included jumping in the water a million times!
Got sweet kisses from little ones
This little girl, named Mary, came over to our table at Patti's and gave Layton a hug!! Her mom said, "She has been starring at him all night." So before they left they stopped by our table. She was adorable and wasn't shy at all! Oh, I guess it won't be the last time my boys catch the eye of a cute little girl!
We also took long walks and made memories like these
And we were all completely exhausted at the end of the day.....from being so relaxed!!
It was the our last weekend in this condo, it's being sold. It was a little sad. I remember bringing Layton when he was Luke's age. So it's bittersweet. But Blake's mom and dad bought a new lake house that has an amazing view of the beautiful sailboats docked at the marina. So, I know we will enjoy it just as much! ;) I hear the sunsets are breath taking.
It is the view from the new lake house...all I can say is amazing! :)








Blog lovingly designed by


1 comment:
Didn't know there was a lighthouse...love it!!! Looks like a fabulous weekend was had by all!
Post a Comment