Let me first say, I've been feeling excited, nervous, & scared, yet overwhelming peaceful.
It is the leap of faith that I have always prayed that I would feel someday.
And then it happened....that someday is now, I feel it.
In 9 days, I, along with an amazing team from my church, will be sharing God's Word. As Christians, we are all called to do this everyday. Whether it be walking across the street to our neighbors house, driving across town, or flying across the country to spread the Gospel to people who may not know Jesus as their personal Savior.
.
.
.
.
.
In a little over one week, we will be traveling across the world.
.
.
.
.
.
I will be sharing Christ with people who look nothing like me. People who speak a different language than I do. People who may or may not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
Am I scared? Yes. Am I fearful? No.
Do not fear, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; Surely, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
It's a very new place for me to be in. If you know me at all, I am usually overly cautious, and somewhat fearful of the unknown. It could even be said that I'm a perceptual worrier.
But, I'm going. Across the ocean to a land I've never seen. Separated by 6,780 miles from my sweet husband and my beautiful boys who I love with all my heart and soul. I could be sacrificing all I love to spread His name, to the ends of the earth.
The most ironic part of this journey...I'm not worried. Not. One. Bit.
He's working in a MIGHTY way, and I couldn't be more excited.
Could these be the hardest 8 days of my life? Yes.
Could these possibly be one of the best 8 days of my life? Yes.
But this isn't about my life at all. It's about His life that was given up for me.
This is solely for His Glory.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.
Matthew 28:19
This is solely for His Glory.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.
Matthew 28:19







Blog lovingly designed by


13 comments:
Praying for you...
This has to be so exciting yet so terrifying at the same time. Peace be with you! Not only will I be praying for you, I'll pray daily for Blake, Layton, Luke, and the grandparents! I hope you receive one of the greatest blessings of your life.
Beautifully written! I'm excited to share this journey with you and watch God work in and through us!
So thankful for your willing heart, to go and share.
You will be a blessing to many, but will also be blessed beyond measure! God is so good!
I will be praying for you every day you are gone! Can't wait to hear all about it. So thankful that you have such a great "support team " here while you are away !
Praying for a safe and blessed trip!!!
So is it silly to say that I am so proud of you? Well, I am!!! Thank you for your obedience and willingness to walk where he is calling you to go. He does give "peace that transcends all understanding" when we are at the center of His will for our lives.
I am 100% jealous of your trip too!
how amazing is that, brittany?! i will be praying for you!!!
Brittany,
You can't imagine how much your words have encouraged me. What a testimony of a growing faith. You will be amazed at how life-changing your experience with a wonderful team on mission will be. Way to go for being obedient and growing. I am honored to be part of the prayer team for your ministry in Greece. I look forward to hearing about the God-sized things that happen through you all there!
Benny
So proud of you for obeying and following after Jesus, sweet sister! :)
Can't wait to join you on that journey... You have such a sweet spirit as do all the ladies on the team. I'm so excited to be with God's people doing God's work !!
I am so proud of you for taking this leap of faith. I know as a mom that it is so difficult to leave your family. We tend to make ourselves feel guilty. If we do not listen to God's callings then we miss out on His blessings. Yes, you do worry a lot but I am so glad He has given you peace. I cannot wait to hear your testimony when you return. How exciting and praying for the whole team. You have committed and God will provide the rest. Love you friend!
So excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it! Safe travels, my friend!
I will be praying for you & your sweet family as you make this journey God has planned for you! Thank you for being the hands & feet of Jesus! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment