Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Baby Brother

My baby brother is getting married on Saturday. It doesn't seem like its time for Andrew to be a groom, since he's always been the baby of the family; but it's happening. As his older sister, by seven years, its hard to imagine anything different than the sweet memories we shared at home growing up together. 

They say a "sibling" is more unique than all other relationships in a family dynamic. It is the only relationship that lasts, God willing, most of your life. For example...your parents are with you from birth to middle age. Your spouse/children are there from young adulthood to the end of your years.

However, your brothers and sisters are the only ones who will walk hand in hand with you from the very beginning of your life until the very end.  

So, as we approach Andrew's wedding day, I'm reminiscing about my baby brother, the way I will forever remember him.  As his sister, I vividly recall the day he was born into our family, so these are the images that I will carry in my heart for a lifetime.
























Here's to you, baby brother...congratulations. 
Love you! 


Blake and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary next week, so I think I'll dance with him extra close at the wedding, as we remember about our "I do's" a decade ago.


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Very sweet post! You guys could renew your vows while you are there all dressed up and beautiful! LOL Congrats on 10 years! Love you both!