Monday, 28 September 2009

Evolution of the swing set

One of our top priorities for the summer:
Layton needed his very own swing set for his 2nd birthday.

We browsed and priced them from several stores and websites, but what we found was.....swing set are very expensive! I really had no idea. Then we were disappointed with what we were finding. Lots of the swing sets had features that we were not interested in like tunnels or playhouses. We quickly came up with a solution. BUILD OUR OWN...from scratch. At first I was like, "No, are you kidding me?" But Blake realized he and a good friend had a vision of what the finished product could look like. Blake ordered lumber and bought the accessory pieces at Lowe's and Home Depot.

So I trusted my "Handy Man Husband" and documented the journey!

The little boys decided that they wanted to help too!
With lots of hard work, a can of stain and a few super accessories.....
I present to you -
Layton's swing set!
I decided it needed a personalized touch, hence the cute sign! :)
READY FOR LOTS OF FUN TIMES!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Tell Blake that it looks like Steven is doing all the hard work--HA! I'm sure Layton will have years of fun on this and it will be a treasure just for the fact that his daddy built it.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily V. said...

That is precious. I am impressed. We've been looking for playsets too and they are extremely pricey. Good Job!

Emma's Mommy said...

That is the type of swingset that will last for years!!! Do you think you could send your 'handy man' hubby to my house and build one for Emmaline?? :-)

LCP said...

Great job...we did the same thing, building our own for our now 3 yr old and 1yr old. They are getting such a kick out of it. It was a LOT of hard work, but it is stable and solid...can't believe how quickly the "extra's" add up though. We have that exact slide too.