Thursday, 3 September 2009

For comparison sake.

For comparison sake:
I have noticed that this pregnancy has been different, starting with the shock of being pregnant back on April. However, there's more...

Everyone told me that it was going to happen with the 2nd baby, but I underestimated the need for maternity clothes THIS SOON! With Layton, I was at least in week 20 or 23 before truly having a baby bump. With this baby ------ ah, I have had a bump for many weeks and I am just 21 weeks!!

Layton was the perfect size baby, not too big, not too small: 7 lbs. 8oz and 21 inches.
Did I ever mention that my water broke on my due date!?!? He's been a very good boy from the beginning!

So here I am with Layton in March 2007 @ 18 weeks:
(I was so proud, thinking I had something to show off! ha!)
Here I am with #2 at 19 weeks:
I'm scared to even think about what this baby is going to weigh. It may be all in my head, but I sure feel like he/she is going to show up his/her big brother! Truthfully, I have gained less, so far, with this baby than before......it just all feels different!

As we were taking these pictures, Layton came up and gave the baby a pat and a hug! It was precious!

This is truly what I love about expecting a second baby....it's so much more fun because you get to experience it with your first born. It has been so sweet to hear him talk about and love on the baby....plus the excitement involves all the three of us! However, I am not rushing this pregnancy at all. I enjoy being pregnant, and the longer I am pregnant, the longer Layton and I get to spend quality time together with no interruptions! But January will be a amazing month! :)

6 comments:

Lauren Newman said...

That is so sweet of Layton, and you really are showing more. I know this is an exciting time for you guys, and I am excited for you. You all are always in my prayers.

Emily V. said...

I love him patting on your belly. That is so sweet. I loved being pregnant as well, enjoy every minute of it, it a miraculous process.

Kecia said...

Looking good girl! Sweet Layton saying "Hey in there!" to his little! BTW, I love that your shirt matches your blog background!!! Too cute!

Mom said...

Hey Britt,
Love the pictures and that was a great weekend....carefree, no worries, great.
Let's do it again soon!!
Amazing, look close, you look great
Love Mom

the Hughes' said...

YOu look awesome!!

Rachael. said...

No idea how i found your blog but your baby is so sweet and is so cute! Your prego belly is just so sweet! Congrats they really are miracles!