Monday, 21 March 2011

Layton Lately


********************************************************************************
Lately, we were playing, & Layton decided that I need an operation.  So, he "drove" me to the hospital in the ambulance and then he pretended to be the doctor, while I was the patient.

After "surgery", I said, "Thank you, Doctor, I feel much better!" 

He said, "Mommy, you know I'm not really a doctor, I'm just a kid."

********************************************************************************

He simply amazes me.  He recently learned all 66 books of the Bible, in order & can recite the Pledge of Allegiance & the Lord's Prayer :)

It's sweet & even a little funny too.  He says, "Shawn" for John & "Dude" for Jude.......and says "eagle" instead of deliver us from evil.  I'll correct him soon, but it just too cute, right now. 
*******************************************************************************

He loves find shapes, numbers and letters everywhere.  And likes making them with string, rope, blocks or food.

********************************************************************************

He can recognize fancy cars like Corvettes, Mustangs, & Camaros.  They are his favorite. He can spot them anywhere on the road!  I think his love for cars comes directly from his Grandaddy and Daddy!  They always have a toy (or two) parked in the driveway:)

*********************************************************************************
IMG_8234

On the way to church on last Sunday, Layton who was dressed in a cute argyle vest and button up shirt told me that, "Cowboys don't wear church vests."

I quickly responded with, "Cute cowboys that go to church do though:)" 


********************************************************************************


He willingly prays out loud at dinner, bedtime & when he doesn't make good choices:)  I love that he isn't shy about it.

*********************************************************************************

On the subject of his little brother:

Layton: "Mommy, Luke's getting bigger.  He's not a baby anymore.  Can we get another baby?" 

Me: "No, No, not right now.  And besides, Luke is still a little baby to me.  Maybe later you can another baby brother or sister."

L: "Later, like tomorrow morning?"


When he leaves for preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he gives me a hug and kiss and usually reminds me to take good care of Lukey while he is gone.   Sweet boy!

********************************************************************************

Layton as learned to use his food allergies to his advantage.  Like when he doesn't want to eat his carrots or green beans.  He'll tell me, in the most serious of tones, "I have food allergies and vegetables will make me itchy!"   Ha!!


IMG_8232


This sweet boy makes me smile everyday.  So thankful for him. 

5 comments:

the Phillips said...

I love the idea of him praying after he's not made a "good choice"! What a GREAT lesson to have him already learning & instilling into his life! Better start teaching Izzy that one!

Melissa said...

Love the pictures...especially the last one!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! what a super boy!
You will be so glad you wrote all these things down. How I wish I had...they slip away from our memory. So sweet.

Amber said...

Sounds like you have a super smart sweet boy :). By the way, did you ever get the e-mail I sent you about creating the captions in your blog posts? :)

Kecia said...

Love the post title...

What a funny, smart, sweet little boy you have...and a cowboy too!

Once again, I could've been reading some of these things on my own blog about Macklan! Ha!!!