You entered this world with the words, "It's a boy!", since your daddy and I decided not to know who you were before January 11, 2010. You were simply a surprise from the beginning; as, too, on that unforgettable May morning you brought us to our knees with your very existence. The Lord was so gracious to give us joy after yet another heartbreak.
As I relive the past two years, my head spins at how so many days has gone by since I first saw your face. If I close my eyes, it truly feels like just yesterday.
Luke, (as of now) you are the baby of our family of four. And in my eyes, you always will be my 9 lb 12 oz baby who I held and cried tears of joy for your arrival into this world. Luke, your laid back, go-with-the flow personality that you have had since birth has continued until today. You voice your opinion more than you use to, but most of the time, you are smiling, snuggling, or two steps behind Layton squealing with laughter. I am warned ALL the time that I will never have another like you, that you should complete our family since it has been so very easy. Thank you for allowing me the ease of being your Momma. There is simply no one like you.
Luke, at your 2 year check up, you weighed 34 lbs (95 percentile) and 36 inches (85 percentile). big. growing. boy;) Oh, and you like to be carried...joy, joy!
Luke, you have become the little brother to "Lay Lay" and who you absolutely ADORE. As brothers, you have learned to play, love and even sometimes feud and fuss. But above all else, you are always right beside each other, and lost without one another. Oh, how I pray that continues throughout your lives.
Luke, although you are the polar opposite of your brother, who is a boy of many, many words....we are beginning to hear your thoughts as words and even a few sentences are coming together. I love listening to your little raspy voice, as it took so long to hear. You also have some serious talent in the acting arena. If you are having trouble telling me something...you act it out! It is so funny and witty! For example, lately when you fall, you promptly say, "Lay Lay push me!" even if he isn't even home!! You should see my face when that happens....you just smile like it was a joke all along:)

Someone told me that your mannerisms and personality are formed very early in life, even at the tender age of 2. If that is the case, so far you are much like your Daddy - soft spoken, patient, and tolerant. However, I suppose that also puts your big brother in my corner - somewhat out spoken, excitable, and a little impatient :)
Luke, I could watch you play all day long. You are independent and love to pretend; you love sitting and playing with cars, trucks, planes and tractors. You also like playing tackle football with Layton, and you almost always you bring him down:) You enjoy reading books: "Big Blue Truck" & "Goodnight Moon" are your favorites! Lately, you are obsessed with "Duck Duck Goose"....and it is the cutest thing hearing you say, "duck, duck, doose!" and then you squeal as someone chases you around the circle.
Luke, I love how you blow kisses at everyone, and say, "mmmmmmm - mawwww" and give mouth kisses with the same sound, "mmmmm - mmmaawww". But if you are shy with your smooches, you always give a high five!
Luke, you have a sweet tooth just like me. My goodness, child, you would eat chocolate until you became sick. (which as actually happened twice!) Again, unlike your big brother, you love all things sweet!
Luke, you now sleep with Layton, even though I knew it might not be the best parenting move. The crocodile tears streaming down your face as you begged saying, "Lay Lay's bed...PLLLEAASSSEEE!" made me give in. What can I say, I'm a sucker for your big brown eyes. You are simply giddy about bedtime because you get to snuggle with him. It makes my heart burst seeing you both sleeping side by side every night.
My words cannot capture all that you are or all that you have meant to us. Your scrunchy nose smiles and your big wide grins simply make my day better. You warm snuggles and chubby arms stretched high saying, "hold me!" will ever be forgotten or taken for granted. You have been such a amazing addition to our family which makes this mommas heart feel whole.

Your daddy and I pray everyday that you will grow in Christ and know in your heart that He is the giver of all things. I cannot look at you and not know that He is a gracious giver. Know my sweet boy that Daddy, Mommy and Lay Lay love you so much, but Jesus will always loves you more.
With love on your 2nd birthday,
Momma









Blog lovingly designed by


7 comments:
What a sweet post for such a special little guy. How blessed you guys are to have these two precious boys! Love you Lukey!
Hi Brittany,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Adoption has been amazing for our family and the Lord has blessed us amazingly through our experiences. Adding Mia was such an amazing experience and adding Finley has enriched our lives and opened our hearts even more towards God's amazing plan of adoption. We cant wait to add Emery and wish time would go faster so we can bring her home!! I encourage you to pray about adopting and opening your heart to the idea. We had two bio boys as well and wondered if we could ever love an adopted child as much as we loved our boys and the answer is ABSOLUTLY!!! More so than I could have ever imagined. Adoption will change your family legacy and your boys as well. They will grow so much from the experience. I will pray for your family and if you have any questions or advice, please dont hesitate to email me kcbock@hotmail.com.
Your fmaily is in my prayers!!!!
Christy :)
Such sweet pictures of Luke! He is just soo adorable! You are such a blessed family!
xoxox
What a sweet baby boy, and what a sweet momma.
what a sweet post!! he's such a handsome 2 yr old!!! happy birthday luke!!
Such a sweet post! :)))
Love this sweet post! And the pics of him. And the boys' outfits are just precious! :)
Post a Comment