Thursday, 3 September 2009

Bonded by more than friendship

I had the privilege of attending a surprise baby shower for my good friend a couple of weekends ago.  The look on her face was priceless!!!

She and I have grown very close over the past year, experiencing joy and loss together; always trudging through the hard times and rejoicing in the good times.  I know that there were days this winter that I couldn't have made it through without her amazing positive spirit!  I feel very lucky to call her my friend.  And now, I can't wait for little Elliott to arrive so we can experience so much more together.  

Valerie (due in October), Carol (due any day!), and me (due in January)
Cute cake!!  
Opening a few of Elliott's gifts!
Elliott is so blessed to have a mom that loves them so much....I can't wait to tell him myself, very soon! 

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm loving this post...minus the first picture -- I look HUGE!!! So glad God made us friends! :-) Love you bunches!

Melissa said...

Cute post, but couldn't you have included me too!! (HA) At least send me the picture of the three of us for my collection. Love ya!