Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Because he is 4 months older...

I can ALWAYS give Blake a hard time about celebrating a birthday -- BEFORE ME!

Yes, technically we are just 4 months apart, born the same year...but it is really nice that HE IS OLDER...even by a little bit.

To celebrate the big 33, we had an entire weekend of fun.

It began with friends coming over on Friday night and a big cookie cake:) It was devoured by the end of the evening. But so was Gretchen's chili and my mexican cornbread (Cindy's amazing recipe!). 
 So, our bellies were full.

IMG_0970

and my heart was full, as I truly appreciate every year with this man of mine. 
I've seen all of his birthdays since age 21.  Now # 33.  
Grateful.


IMG_0967

IMG_0966


oh, and if you were thinking this was a kid free night...

think again.  

IMG_1026

To entertain the wee ones, the big boys decided a game of keep away was in order....
IMG_1023

IMG_1022
IMG_1019


then the kids decided to "bust a move" and dance!
*yes, Layton is break dancing - and I have to say, he was pretty good!!

IMG_1005

IMG_1004

and a little music never hurts either.....
IMG_0995


along with a wrestle match between the boys:)
IMG_0975

But most of all, there was yummy food and good friends.  
IMG_0958

The ones worth celebrating life's big occasions with and alongside.  

Even if you are 2 or 33.......friends are too special to overlook and not be thankful for. 

IMG_0963

Like these buddies.......
two peas in a pod since birth.
IMG_0962

IMG_0960

And these boys who each look up to one another......
Jax is the oldest, which mean Pierce to looks up to him, and then Layton looks up to Pierce.  
Its a chain reaction of sorts.

But, really, how CUTE are they?????
IMG_1008


IMG_1038IMG_0952


But, again.....celebrating with food, friends and music..............awesome.  

IMG_1032 - editeed

oh, yeah............did I mention there was karaoke too!?!?! 
 Now that makes for a perfect party!

- singing
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!"

Don't you agree?
- girls laughing - eduted


6 comments:

Hillary said...

Such a fun looking party!

xoxox

Tracey said...

Looks like so much fun!! :))) You are such a blessing.

April said...

Looks like a fun night of celebrating!!!

Kimberley said...

happy birthday blake! young pup! :) looks like a fun party! oh, and what song were you singing? ;)

ginmommy said...

I'm so glad I could be included in, Blake's birthday celebration! Obnoxious karaoke and all ;-)

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! (and I love that you have a friend named Gretchen!) :)