Sunday, 2 September 2012

Let's Lighten the Mood, Shall We?


Things have been heavy lately.  It's time to have some fun!
************************************************************************

In July, Blake and I took the boys to Holiday World:)

Can we say F.U.N?! 

The boys couldn't wait to ride as they stood in line!

....And I can't help but reflect back on what it was like in 2010 when we lasted visited the park.
We only had one big boy (2 years, 10 months) waiting in line, while little brother (5 months)was sound asleep in the stroller.  My how times have changed :)







{Airplanes}
















*Flashback 2010*













{Bumper boats}



*Flashback 2010*

It was hot, Luke's sweet face proves it!


Does it get any better than the classic "stick your head through a wooden prop and smile!"?

and after the rides, we headed to the water park to cool off!   



*Flashback 2010*






He had a blast!  If you can't tell by this smile!

 I thought this pic was hilarious! ;)


Layton was hard to keep up with...but I did get a smile and a glimpse of him running & climbing.




But the favorite part of the day was the kid slides.  
We spent most of our day watching the boys laugh and say, "Fun! I'm going again!" or "Watch this?!" or "Did you see me?"







and then they got brave and did the big tunnel slides together! 


Blake and I felt a sweet sense of bonding happening with the boys that day.  In a park, where they had no other familiar play mates, we watched them wait for each other, hold hands, protect one another and truly enjoy having a brother to have fun with!


 During snack time, I began to reapply sunscreen when I looked over to find Luke was helping Layton reapply his!  It melted my heart:)


All day long,  Layton SKIPPED & DANCED through the park.  He was on cloud nine!  It was awesome to see, because I know in a few years, skipping will be "uncool" and he won't feel as free to do so. 
 Giving us his best "Robot"! 

It was a fantastic day at Holiday World.

Blake and his family made it a tradition to come every year when he was a child.  I hope to continue that with our boys. 
(*We even talked about coming back and riding the BIG rides without the boys one day.  Seriously, we are just big kids at heart!)


Our fun filled day definitely made for a very quiet car ride home:)


              Thankful for pink cheeks and tired little boys!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

what a FUN place! i would love to go there myself! :) your boys are soooo handsome!!

Jessica said...

Sure looks like a great day. HW has to be one of the best places ever !

Jami said...

Oh, I love the flashback pictures. I'm totally in on the adults only trip, I love the big kid rides.

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Looks like so much fun! And that picture from the drive home is priceless. :)

ginmommy said...

SUCH a fun family day :)))